Do you love your computer? Of course you do. Who doesn’t love his or her PC? We always try to keep our PC speed and neat. Many of us also like to make our PC a part of our life. Computer customization is used to do so. Today you are going to learn a simple and awesome trick to change your welcome screen wallpaper. You can customize it very easily. It looks beautiful. Your friends or any family member will definitely ask you how you done that? In this tutorial we are going to change welcome screen wallpaper or logon screen wallpaper. If you do not have password on your computer then too it will work. But it will be visible only till your desktop loads. I am writing this for Windows 7 users because mostly we all use windows 7.
First of all let me tell you what all things you need to make this change. You should have a picture with less than 245 KB of size. Edit your desired photo in any photo editor and try to make the image smaller in size. Also, try to make that image big enough to fit your monitor screen. The second thing you need is your carefulness. We are going to change in OS level so do this carefully. Tweaking registry of your machine is complicated. Don’t worry just follow each and every procedure and change your logon screen.
Steps to Change Welcome Screen in Windows 7.
- First of all locate your image and keep it in desktop or wherever you can find it easily.
- Go to run by pressing Windows key+ R.
- Type regedit and hit enter.
- A warning will pop up hit OK.
- In Registry Editor you may find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click “Find”.
- In the Find option, search for OEMBackground.
- When your search is complete, you may find an option called OEMBackground.
- Double click OEMBackground. A box will appear. In that change the value 0 to 1 as shown in the below image and click OK.
- Now you may exit the registry editor.
- Go to your C drive or the drive where you system is located.
- Then head towards Windows > System32 > oobe > info.
- If you can’t find info make a folder named as “info” (without quotes).
- In the info folder, find backgrounds folder. If you can’t find it, create it named as “backgrounds” within info folder.
- Now copy or cut your desired wallpaper and paste it in this background folder.
- After doing this rename your wallpaper as “backgroundDefault.jpg”
- If any warnings appear, click Continue.