Facebook changed many things in their website. Many new features were added to make users happy. Sometimes we just love the updates made by Facebook and sometimes we hate such updates. Recently Facebook made a change in its messenger. A “seen” notification was added in the conversation. This feature helps people to know whether the receiver had read the message or not. But this feature is not helpful in certain situations. If you want to see the message and also don’t want to notify the sender, than here this is impossible. If you saw a message and didn’t respond then sender will definitely gets angry on you. So to avoid this problem, you can do a simple trick and can remove that notification. I will show you how you can remove “seen” feature of Facebook messages to peep in to your inbox without notifying the sender.
Facebook doesn’t allow us to do this. So we have to do this manually. If you use Chrome or Firefox browsers then it is possible. You just have to install a simple add-on or extension which can remove “seen” feature. This extension has some demerits as well. We will discuss it later. I will show you how you can hide seen feature on Facebook.
Hide “seen” notification of Facebook in Chrome.
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Download “Facebook Message Seen Notification Remover” extension by clicking here.
- Install the extension.
- Now restart chrome browser and login to your Facebook to see changes.
- Ask your close friend whether they can see “seen” notification or not.
Hide “seen” notification of Facebook in Firefox.
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Download “Facebook Message Seen Notification Remover” add-on for Firefox by clicking here.
- Install add-on.
- After installation, restart and login to your Facebook to see the changes.
You may Also Like: Hide Whatsapp Last Seen Timestamp in Android and iPhone