WhatsApp on PC? Is it true? WhatsApp, a cross platform messenger which has millions of users worldwide can also be installed in your computer. Yes, you heard it right. WhatsApp is a free messaging app which is used for sending free instant messages. It is very popular these days and almost many people use it daily to chat or for sending messages because it only needs unlimited data plan and you can share images, videos and lots more. WhatsApp doesn’t have any official app or any website to chat with your WhatsApp contacts from your computer. WhatsApp is only available for smartphones. But there are some tricks and tips which we can use to install and run it in our PC system. It is easy to install WhatsApp in your computer. Let’s see how you can install it without any problem.
Many people use Bluestacks software to run WhatsApp on their PC. Bluestacks is an android app player or we can say it as android emulator which creates android like environment in our PC and runs android apps on our PC. But there is a minimum requirement to install this software. You must have more than 2 GB of RAM and also you must have Graphics card to enjoy it. Many people don’t have this so they frustrate and leave this idea to install WhatsApp on their PC. But wait, Bluestacks is not the only option to run android apps. We have many. Here, I am going to tell you about Android SDK which is development tool for android developers who makes android apps. This tool is official and free. You can use its emulator to run your WhatsApp and it works very well. The process is little bit lengthy but it is very useful. This package is mainly used by programmers to build apps but we want just emulator part of this package. I will explain each and every step for you. Just follow and start sending messages right from your desktop.
Steps for Installing WhatsApp without Bluestacks.
- First of all you need to download Android SDK for your system.
- Go here and download the latest version of Android SDK by choosing your Operating system properly. If you have 32 Bit windows check on 32 otherwise go for 64 Bit system.
- Your download will start. It may take some time because that package is large in size. You may get a zipped rar file.
- After downloading, extract in your desired drive.
- After extracting, you will get three things. Eclipse, SDK and SDK Manager.exe.
- Double click on SDK Manager File. You may get a window of SDK Manager. If you get any error that means you didn’t installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) on your PC. Java is necessary because android apps are written in Java programming language. If you don’t have it, download it from here.
- After getting the SDK Manager window, click on “Tools” and then “Manage AVDs…”
- This will land you in other window which handles the android virtual devices.
- Click on “New” button which is on right side.
- Enter your AVD name.
- In the “Device” section select your device “Nexus 7” or similar which has “Target” as Android 2.3.3 because your system will smooth when you select old version.
- Leave all options as it is till “Back Camera”. In memory options, type “512”.
- Internal storage will be also 200 MB. An SD card will be 512 MB. When you complete this all click “OK”. See below screen shot for better understanding.
- You will get a report after creating a device. Click “OK” again.
- Now you may see your device will be listed there. Click once to select it and then click “Start” on your right.
- Wait for some time. It will take time to start your Android Virtual Device.
Steps To Install WhatsApp on Android SDK.
- When you get the interface of you virtual device, open the lock by sliding green key.
- Your internet connection should be speed to do this. Your virtual device will connect to your computer’s internet connection.
- Open browser and search for “WhatsApp Apk File” in Google and download apk file of WhatsApp. Play store won’t work in this software. So you have to install it manually.
- After downloading install it.
- Now open WhatsApp and click “Agree and Continue”.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Now the best part comes. You don’t have any sim card in your computer. So we cannot verify WhatsApp by SMS as WhatsApp detects sms on mobile. So we have to wait for 5 minutes and the other option will come to verify. That is by calling.
- Click on “Call me” and you will receive a call and you will get your verification number. Enter it and activate your WhatsApp.
Also Read: Download Zapya For PC