RAM or Random Access Memory is a volatile memory which means it can store data of particular running software when power is on or when PC is running. RAM is a primary memory. Computer always stores necessary data in this type of memory. All computing devices have a RAM. It is smaller in size say 1 GB or 2 GB etc. RAM is very important when computer speed is concerned. It is responsible for the speed of your system. If you have a less memory RAM then you may find your PC slow. Don’t worry. I am going to discuss a simple trick to increase your RAM without paying a single penny. It is very easy to do and to configure all things. Geeks will know about this trick but if you don’t know then read on.
You may be wondering how your simple flash drive can became a part of RAM. But we can do this. In windows 7 and windows 8, they have given a special feature to do this for slower computers. We can convert our pen drive to a RAM easily by using this feature. It can increase your computer’s performance and gives speed as well. Just you need is a flash drive. 1 GB to 16 GB any drive can be converted as RAM. Suppose if you convert a 2 GB pen drive and your system has already 1 GB of RAM then after converting you may have 3 GB of RAM which can be useful. So let’s see how we can do this trick and make our system speed.
Steps For Converting Pen Drive as RAM.
- Choose a good and working pen drive.
- After choosing, delete all files. I recommend this because it will work smoothly. Better format it with FAT32 system.
- After formatting your pen drive remove it and plug in again.
- Go to “My Computer” find your Pen Drive in Removable device section and right click on that.
- When you do a right click, a menu will pop up. Click on “Properties” from that menu.
- In properties, click on “ReadyBoost” tab.
- After clicking on Readyboost, choose “Use this device” option.
- When you click “Use this device”, windows will automatically detect your pen drive’s space and recommends you a proper memory for creating a virtual RAM.
- You can change this but it’s better to go with recommended settings.
- After doing this, click on “OK” button and wait for some seconds.
- Now your virtual RAM is ready for use.