Let’s admit it. We all have some sort of secrets. Even you have some secret file or folder which you don’t want to show to your friends or family members. It can be anything. Peoples who have such secret and highly confidential files may search many ways to hide a folder. Sometimes the “Hide” option also become useless if your friend or family member is somewhat expert in computer. So in this case, I am sharing the best way to hide your all secret files with password and no one can access your data easily. It is one of the best ways to hide secret folders without using any third party software. It works like a charm in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and even on Windows 8.1. Let us see how we can hide folders with password in simple steps.
Creating a password protected folder is really simple. This trick won’t make your PC slow. In fact this is the light and easy way to add passwords on folder. You don’t have to download any type of third party software or application to accomplish this task. It is just simple command prompt code which will dance on your fingertips. It will not use any type of computer resources and thus it will work without lagging. Below I have written all the steps. Just follow it and you can easily hide your secrets. Make sure you read each and every step before performing any action. If you follow all the things correctly then it will work like a charm. Let’s do it and create a folder with password.
Steps to Create Password Protected Folder.
- Open your Notepad.
- Paste below code to your notepad.
title Folder Secret
if EXIST “Locker” goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Secret goto MDLOCKER
echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N)
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
ren Secret “Locker”
attrib +h +s “Locker”
echo Folder locked
echo Enter password to unlock folder
if NOT %pass%== Password_Here goto FAIL
attrib -h -s “Locker”
ren “Locker” Secret
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
echo Invalid password
echo Secret created successfully
- After copying, edit the Password_Here which is in green text color with your desired password.
- Now click on “File” then click “Save As”.
- Now give the file name as “Folder Locker.bat” (obviously without quotes).
- You can give any name but make sure “.bat” should be there at last because it is a batch file.
- Save this file in any folder where you wish to hide your secret files.
How To Operate Password Protected Folder.
- Just open that directory where you saved your “Folder Locker.bat” file.
- Double click on that file. You can see it will create a folder named as “Secret”.
- Now copy or move all your secret files in this “Secret” folder.
- After copying, again double click on “Folder Locker.bat”. It will ask to hide this folder. Type Y and hit enter.
- Now you may see that “Secret” folder will disappear.
- Done. Now just relax. All your files are in safer place.
- If you want to see that files again then simply again double click on “Folder locker.bat”. It will ask for password. Enter password which you configured before and hit enter. It will come back again. Do the same if you again wish to hide folder.