Have you ever heard about Jolla? I guess this is the first time you are going to meet a brand new smartphone that is Jolla. Jolla (Pronounced as “Yolla”) is the open source project of some developers from Finland. This is the open source mobile operating system. Back in 2011, four employees of the giant mobile manufacturer Nokia leaved company to continue this project as Nokia abandoned this project because acceptance of Windows operating systems. But these employees tried to complete all the work and maintained the legacy of Nokia’s N9. Now they are back with the power packed, best mobile phone which runs on Jolla operating system and it will definitely give a tough competition to other giants like Windows and Android. Let’s see more about this new operating system and its specifications.
I was also not knowing about this awesome smartphone. When I was talking with one of my friends Rahul Sawant, he told me about this new operating system and I tried to know more about this OS. I got to know many new things that amazed me and made me to share it with you all. Let me tell you the basic things about this new smartphone operating system. As I said it is the open source project. Four employees from Nokia made this software. Sami Pienimäki, Jussi Hurmola, Marc Dillon, Stefano Mosconi were working for Nokia in the Nokia N9 project but Nokia accepted the Windows OS in their mobile phones just to earn more profit which was declining due to Android and Samsung’s success. The developers of team N9 were unhappy because they worked hard to develop such good operating system. They leaved the company and the same group of professionals started a new company called Jolla and continued the work where they leaved in Nokia. They made Jolla which is Sailfish OS Linux based operating system and runs on MeeGo and Mer Core software. Jolla is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. Another best part of this system is you can easily download and install Android apps too. Yes, Jolla supports Android apps and rely on Android to run other best apps. Check out other specification of this phone.
Specification of Jolla Smartphone
- First of all it is the Jolla Sailfish operating system which is Linux based open source system.
- Jolla supports 4G network which will give you a high speed internet to enjoy on your brand new phone
- Like other smartphones, this phone is also of Micro-SIM format.
- If we talk about the display, Jolla got IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen. Supports multitouch up to 5 fingers and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- The memory this phone has is 16 GB of internal memory which can be expandable up to 64 GB and has 1 GB RAM.
- Let’s talk about the most important part of smartphone that is its camera. It has 8 Megapixel will LED flash and 2 Megapixel secondary camera for video calling.
- Connectivity includes Bluetooth, GPRS, EDGE, NFC, USB, Wi-Fi and 4G HSDPA speed.
- Jolla comprised of powerful hardware too. It has Dual Core 1.4 GHz CPU. Gyro, proximity, accelerometer and compass sensors adds extra charm to this awesome phone.
- The battery is of Li-Ion 2100 mAh which gives a talk time of approx. 9 hours in 2G network and 10 hours in 3G network.
Do you think this phone will take over other big operating systems? Comment your views and share with others. Peace pals.
Image Credit: Jolla Oy
Share with your friends too.