Telegram Application is gaining popularity in the app market of both Android as well as iPhone. Due to its various features, many people are trying it and they are enjoying it. A light weight messaging app which comes with secret chat option makes it very useful. As we discussed the various features of Telegram App, it has cloud based messaging system. That means all your messages and contents are backed up in Telegram’s server. Due to this they have also created the desktop client for Windows and Linux. It works same as the mobile application. It is also simple and easy to use. It works on Windows XP, 7 and 8 also. Works in Windows 8.1 too. Let us see how you can also install Telegram on your computer system.
I will give you step by step guide to download and install the Telegram application on your PC. Like WhatsApp or any other application, you don’t need any external software or emulator to run this app. It is a pure executable file and specially made for computer users. But there is some restrictions. You have to register for Telegram by installing it on your Android or iOS device. After you install and register, you can install this app on your PC too and both will work simultaneously. Follow the procedure below to enjoy this app on computer.
Steps To Install Telegram App on PC
- Visit Telegram Desktop Site.
- Download the file by clicking “Get Telegram for Windows”.
- Open that file and install it. Same as you do with other software.
- Now open the Telegram App using the shortcut from your desktop.
- Click “Start Messaging”.
- It will ask for your phone number. If you have Telegram account, then use that number other enter a new one and create an ID.
- It will send you PIN code on your phone for verification. Enter that pin.
- Now you can see all your contacts and chats if you are using Telegram before.
- Now play around this application. You will find many options and settings.
It will not slow down your system. Create group easily on desktop version too. You can add up to 100 people in the group for big conversation.
The application is not official and it is still in beta version. Improvements are going on. Soon you can get a stable version with more features and functionality. Till then, you can use this version.