Bluestacks app player is the popular solution for installing android apps like WhatsApp on computer. It works like a charm. It creates android environment on your system and runs the app. But if you notice, some bluestacks version doesn’t support the gallery properly. When we open the gallery in bluestacks, it performs slowly like snail. It keeps on throwing the error message like “Application Failure Detected, Please Try Again”. And thus, we cannot do any operation which is gallery related. To change the WhatsApp display picture, you need to select photos from gallery and gallery doesn’t works properly. But hey, I have a simple solution for you. Really, it is simple! Just couple of clicks and you are done! Have a look.
I use bluestacks on PC personally and believe me, it really feels worst when you try to update your profile picture in WhatsApp. I searched many solutions and at last I got an idea. As you know Android is open source platform and there is an app for almost everything. Even for this problem, we are going to use one awesome application as the solution. We are using “The Fish Bowl” application. It is a gallery app for android. This works really smooth and you can choose picture through this very easily. It is really very fast then the default gallery of bluestacks. You can easily set your profile picture of WhatsApp through this. Let us see how.
Change WhatsApp Profile Picture in Bluestacks
- Open Bluestacks and minimize it.
- Download the Fish Bowl Gallery APK file.
- After downloading the APK file, double click on that file. It will be automatically installed on your Bluestacks.
- After successful installation, open your Bluestacks and enjoy.
- Now you are done. Just open WhatsApp and go to your profile picture. Click on Edit. Now it will show you one other option to select the pictures from. Click on “Fish Bowl Photo Gallery”.
- Now select your profile picture, crop and set! Easy and fast.