Google Plus is a social networking site which is a product of Google. Google+ is the second most popular social networking website after Facebook. This time, Google Plus introduced an awesome feature to give better user experience. Now you can see the total number of views on your profile page! Yes, this is really interesting as many people are curious to know their social statistics. Many big social networks including Facebook doesn’t show such data publicly. Google made this data available to all. This statistics shows the total number of approximate views of all the Google+ profile contents like photos, links, status etc. Let us see how it looks and also how to opt out from this feature.
This week Google surprised us by this new feature. Many people says that it can be an April fool’s prank. Because the data shown in the profile is not satisfying. The views count is in millions for almost many people. Even if they are not active. I also got nearly 2 million views in my one profile where I am not active. Strange but true. Google announced it in help section so I think it can be real. We should not panic after watching this great views because it is the total number of views from status, photos and links. So the number can be true as well.
Google doesn’t made any announcement regarding this so many people still don’t know about this update. It is really amazing to see the views statistics of each other pages. But if you want to hide this feature, you can do this too. Google Plus has this facility in settings page. Let us see how you can hide the views count if you don’t like to share it. Have a look.
Hide Views Data on Google Plus Profile
- Open Google Plus site and click on “Home”.
- After that click on “Settings”.
- In the settings page, scroll to the “Profile” section.
- There you can see “Show how many times your profile and content have been viewed.” uncheck that.
- Done, now save the settings and your data on profile will be hidden automatically.
Hide Views data on Google Plus Pages
- Go to Google Plus site.
- Click on “Home” and then head towards “Pages”.
- Select your page which you will like to edit and click on “Manage this page”.
- Now choose “Dashboard” and then click on “Settings”.
- Now scroll down in profile section and uncheck the option of profile views.