I bet this tutorial will definitely make you to save money. Yes, you heard it right. You can convert your android mobile phone in to an awesome web camera! Web Cam is really very useful for video chatting with other people across the globe. If your relative or loved ones live abroad then you can see their face and talk to them with your android phone! Cool isn’t it? This method will save your money of a separate web camera. Also if you have best mobile camera more than 5 mega pixel, then you can get a best web cam for free after reading this! So let us change mobile in to a web camera and microphone too.
You can connect your mobile to your computer using USB cable, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. All works fine. In this tutorial, I will focus on mainly USB connection between your mobile and PC because USB is the only thing we can find on all computer. So let us start with USB Web Camera using mobile phone.
Use Android Mobile as Web Camera
- First of all we need software to make this change. Android doesn’t have this feature officially. There is an app called “DroidCam” which works best. Download DroidCam on your smartphone and install it.
- After that download DroidCam Windows Client and install it on your PC.
- It will install all necessary drivers automatically which is the best part of this software.
- After you install DroidCam on mobile and your computer, connect your Mobile through USB to your system.
- Your PC should identify your mobile. Otherwise it won’t work.
- Open DroidCam app on your mobile.
- After that open PC client, click on USB connection and click start.
- The settings are also quite easy to change. It has very good user friendly UI.
- Voila! You can see the image on your monitor screen now. No go to Skype, Facebook or any other video chatting sites to enjoy your new mobile Web Camera.