Installing Windows from CD is common thing. Everyone install OS with CD drive. But what if your CD drive is not working? Sometime it happens that CD drive doesn’t work and you need to boot your PC urgently. Don’t worry, we have solution for this too. Do you know you can install Windows from pen drive too? Yes, you heard it right. You can easily boot your system with flash drive and it works same as your CD. In fact sometimes it is faster than the CD. Because USB transfer is faster than CD. Installing Windows 7 from pen drive is really easy. Check out the procedures and follow.
I personally used this to boot my Windows 8.1. It works well with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. You just have to do following procedures that’s it. It will work like a charm. Just you need some basic PC knowledge and a flash drive. 8 GB flash drive is sufficient for this task.
Steps to Boot PC with Flash Drive
- First of all get your Windows 7 setup. Make sure you download from legal source with legal key.
- If it is in ISO image file, then extract your file.
- Copy all extracted file in your flash drive in root directory. Do not create folder. Make sure you format the pen drive before using.
- After successful transfer, remove your pen drive from PC and go back to that PC which you want to boot.
- Connect your pen drive and start the PC. Keep on pressing “Delete” key or “F1” key to enter the BIOS menu of PC. BIOS menu is the main menu of your computer system.
- When you get BIOS, go to “Boot” and make “Boot from USB” enable. If you have “Boot Priority” option, then move your pen drive to 1st priority. This setting varies from computer to computer as per the manufacturer of mother board.
- After doing this setting, save it and restart the PC.
- Voila! You can see your PC is booting from your flash drive! Now install your Windows and register it with your purchased key.