We keep any image as our desktop wallpaper to personalize our experience on computer. It looks really nice. But how about your own video which is played on your desktop as wallpaper? It will look awesome, isn’t it? You can do this easily by using one media player software called VLC. Now VLC doesn’t need any introduction. It is popular video player which is installed almost on every PC. You must have this player to set video as your desktop wallpaper. If you have this then you are ready to go! Just search for your favorite video read how to change it to a live windows desktop wallpaper.
If you don’t have this software, download and install VLC. It is awesome software to play videos too. Download this essential software and enjoy. After installation follow the below procedure to keep video wallpaper.
Steps To Keep Video as Desktop Wallpaper
- Open VLC player and click on “Tools”.
- After that click on “Preference”.
- In the preference section, click on “Video”.
- In the video, check out the “Output” field. In that select “DirectX video output”.
- And save the settings.
- Now close VLC player and again open it (Restart VLC).
- Now click “Media” and then “Open” to select your desired video as wallpaper.
- Select and start playing. Now right click on the video and click “Video”.
- After that click on “Set as Wallpaper”.
- Voila! See your awesome desktop!
You have to keep VLC open to keep video playing. If you close it, your wallpaper will be vanished. After this you can easily set your previous wallpaper. If you are using Windows 7, then you have to change the whole theme again.
Works well in all version of Windows. Try it and say how it looks on your desktop. For best performance, use HD videos. If you are facing any problem please feel free to comment below. I will try to solve it as soon as time allows. Blessings.
Share with your friends too.