Facebook undoubtedly is the world’s best and top grossing social network. Today we all have Facebook account and we chat, comment, like, socialize with our friends and family. But when you do all this for free, Facebook earns millions of dollars! Yes, you heard it right! The numbers is in millions and billions! Some people still don’t know how it manage to earn. There are many people who doesn’t even know Facebook is earning any money. Yes, it’s true! Today we are going to discuss how Facebook makes money on the internet and how much! Read on to get Goosebumps for sure.
Facebook being the second largest website in the world as per Alexa, earns in billions every year. We are going to showcase some latest statistics of the website which will definitely blow your mind. You will be amazed to see how a college dropout and a hacker guy Mark Zuckerberg made this thing possible and achieved the youngest billionaire position in the world! Check out the Facebook’s statistics below.
|Mark Zuckerberg, CEO, Facebook Inc.|
Facebook User Statistics as Per Quarter 2 of 2014
- 7,185 Employees works in Facebook and company pay them lavishly!
- 829 million daily active users.
- 1.32 billion Monthly active users.
- 1.07 billion Mobile monthly active users!
- Around 81.7% of daily active users are outside of US and Canada! Of course they are mainly from Asia and to be more specific, India!
Sources of Facebook’s Income
- The major part of income comes directly from advertising. You may be familiar with “Sponsored Posts”, ads in side bar and ads in log out page. All these are nothing but Facebook advertisement and marketing. They get money to promote other websites or business. You can also buy ads in this social networking website.
- Other incomes are from credits, Facebook games and apps. If you play FarmVille you may know you can purchase credits. Some part of the money goes in to Facebook’s pocket!
- Mobile advertising is also best for Facebook. They are making millions from mobile ads too.
Facebook’s Earning 2014 Q2
Facebook Earning Per Day, Per, Minute, Per Second!
- Facebook earned around $7.8 billion in the year 2013 (including all quarter).
- If we consider this, Facebook makes around $650 million per month.
- It’s per day earning goes around $21 million per day!
- $0.8 million per hour.
- $14,585 per minute!
- And finally $243 per second! Isn’t is cool? If we convert it in to Indian INR, this would be around Rs. 14,700 per second! OMG! It’s really big amount!