Sometimes we face this error while connecting pen drive or any flash drive (memory cards) in the PC. It is really annoying. Pen drive doesn’t respond to you as it was before. Yes, sometimes this happens at any time and you think why the hell it is not responding! But the solution is simple. If you use Windows 7 or Windows 8 Windows 8.1, it will work like a charm. It happens just because windows can’t recognize the device driver software. So with the help of a trick, you can make your pen drive back to normal and use the device easily again. It is very easy and works in all PC. Have a look.
The solution to this problem is very simple. You just have to uninstall the drivers and plug the pen drive again and it will start working! Yes, it works most of the time. Every time when you plug the pen drive the message appears “The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it” it is simply the problem of device driver and nothing else. Check out the procedure and follow step by step to get rid of USB Device Not Recognized Error!
Steps To Uninstall USB Driver
- Insert the USB pen drive in your USB drive.
- You may see this type of error.
- Now open RUN menu by pressing WIN key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes).
- Now locate Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
- There you may see a USB device with a yellow sign. It will look something like this stating “Device Descriptor Request Failed”.
- Now right click on that and click on “Uninstall”. The device driver will be uninstalled.
- Now remove the USB from the drive and restart your PC once.
- After restarting, plug in again the same pen drive and voila!
If you have any problem then please feel free to comment below. If you face the same problem, then it will work 100%. Just try and comment below. We will try to revert as soon as time allows. If you have any other methods for this error then please share in comments sections!