WhatsApp is rolling new features to enhance the experience of connecting together and chatting. Message Seen Feature, Disable Last Seen etc. are the new features by WhatsApp. Another best and most awaited feature that WhatsApp rolled out some days before was WhatsApp Web! Using this feature you can easily chat with your friends or family using your computer. Before this update, people were using third party Android emulator to run WhatsApp on PC. After this update, people loved it as it was official and doesn’t require to download or installing any application on your system. But there is little limitations! We here pointed out 7 limitations of this service. Read on to know more!
Accessing WhatsApp through PC is very simple. Just update the WhatsApp application and tap on options. You may get an option called “WhatsApp Web” just tap on it. Now visit web.whatsapp.com and there you will get a QR code. Scan that QR code and you will be signed in automatically! This technology is awesome. Many of you people already know it. You may find it very easy. But as I said it has many limitations. Still it is not as same as your mobile WhatsApp. Let us see what will be the problems you may face while using WhatsApp Web!
7 Drawbacks of WhatsApp Web
- The first and important limitation is connectivity. Many people use WhatsApp just because they have very slow connectivity. So they go towards emulator. But this update failed to satisfy their needs. It still needs the connectivity. That means you need WhatsApp should be connected in your mobile and internet should be on! Otherwise it won’t work.
- Another limitation is you must have adequate battery on your phone. So keep it charged. If you have low battery a sign will be flashed in your WhatsApp Web.
- This feature is only available to chrome users. So you have to download chrome browser if you have to use it. Fortunately it now supports all mobile platforms so just update to latest WhatsApp and download chrome on your browser in order to use this.
- Again the major drawback of this feature is DP and status! You cannot change your display picture neither you can change your status. WhatsApp web feature won’t allow you to do that.
- Also you cannot change the chat background. The chat background will be default. I hope WhatsApp will update this soon.
- As we know it needs connectivity, so high data will be used. The WhatsApp message will come to your mobile first, then it will sent to web. So the data goes double. Please use Wi-Fi if you don’t need this extra data usage.
- You don’t have access to the settings. You cannot block, forward message or change any preferences. The settings are only available only through mobile app.