RAM usable problem is quite common now. If you just installed a 4 GB RAM or 8 GB RAM on your system then you may face this type of issue. It is not the fault of RAM. It is the problem with your operating system. If you install a 4 GB RAM, then PC only detects 3.2 GB RAM or less. There are many solutions to this problem. We will discuss all known solution here. This article is composed by my personal experience. 3 GB usable RAM problem is bit common and you may find many solutions. I searched many sites and finally I wrote this and mentioned all working solutions. Have a look.
There is only 2 ways to solve this problem. One is simple and the other one is bit complicated. Let us see the easiest one first. Try out this method. If this works then awesome! Otherwise try the second method which will surely help you. Have a look the first method.
Change Settings in MSCONFIG
- Open “RUN” by pressing WIN Key + R.
- In the Run dialog box, type “msconfig” (without quotes) and hit enter.
- You will get msconfig box. Click on “Boot” tab.
- In the boot tab click on “Advanced options”.
- Check on “Maximum memory”.
- Type “4096” in the box there and click on “OK” to apply the settings.
- Reboot your computer and check whether your system is now utilizing full 4 GB or not.