In India, there is a big problem of credit cards. Most of the people has debit cards as a default card which bank gives them. To get a credit card, you need to follow certain rules which are not easy. If you are a student or jobless person, you may face problem in getting the credit card. ICICI Bank came with an awesome application which solves all these problem. An app called as “Pockets”. It is a digital wallet which comes with a virtual credit card. A free virtual credit card is given in the app. Let us see how you can use this application.
This app helps in many ways. For example, if you need a credit card for any website, you can get that from this app. Also, this virtual card can help you to hide your real card! Just load money in the Pockets wallet and use the virtual card instead of your real card. So there will be no tension of sharing card details with the websites which you don’t trust. So you can transact securely online. The virtual credit card will stop working once you use all money. It’s a prepaid card so pay and use. As simple as that.
Procedure to get Free Virtual Credit Card
- Download Pockets app from Play Store.
- Register your mobile number and verify by OTP.
- If it asks for a referral code, put the code jmugfw to get Rs. 50 extra on loading Rs. 250. Also, you may get a Wildcraft bag free!
- Further, enter your personal details. You don’t have to enter the bank details. Just Email ID and your real name with all valid personal details like number, date of birth!
- After registration, you may be prompt to set a PIN. Set a new pin and sign into your pockets account.
- Now you can see a card will appear. Just tap on that. You can see all your card details like 16 digit number, CVV, Start date, Expiration Date etc. The app is well organized and feature loaded.
- Voila! You have a Virtual Credit Card now! Start using it across any e-shopping website like Flipkart or Amazon!
After the registration, you can load balance in it. You can load balance by your existing debit/credit card, net banking, or by doing an NEFT! As this is a digital wallet, you cannot have a balance more than Rs. 10,000. RBI doesn’t permit any digital wallet providers to exceed the Rs. 10,000 limit. So this is good for small transactions!
How to load balance on Pockets Credit Card
- Login to your Pockets app.
- Click on the menu button.
- Click on “Add Funds”.
- Now choose the amount and payment method which you are satisfied. This payment is really much secured as this app is an official app of ICICI Bank!
- You can also pay by NEFT by mentioning the Pockets card number as account number and Pockets IFSC code as ICIC0001022. The transfer takes some time as NEFT is little slow. As per now, IMPS is not supported. Hope it will be added soon.
- So like this, you can load money in your ICICI Pockets mobile application and you can use it as a credit card!
Wait! There is something extra! You can also get a physical card of your virtual card! Yes, that’s awesome! You can apply for a physical pockets card from the app and then you can use this card on shops or restaurants easily! Read on to get the ICICI Pockets Physical Card!
Also Read: Best Ways to Earn from Flipkart.
Get ICICI Pockets Physical Credit Card
You can get Pockets Physical Card by following these steps. Now just load money in Pockets app and use this card for shopping with no fear!
- Go to Pockets app and log in.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Apply for a physical card.
- You can also tap on the card on home screen and click on “Apply for physical card”.
- Please make sure you have balance of minimum Rs. 115. This is the charge for requesting a physical card.
- If you have sufficient balance, it will ask for delivery details. Give name and address properly.
- After the order, it will take a day or two to make and ship your card. The physical card is almost like your normal credit card and has your name embossed in it!
- After shipping, the courier will deliver your card asking for legal ID. Show any ID proof you have for the name on the card.
That’s it! Now use this card in any shops or restaurants where visa cards are accepted! Please note that you cannot use it as ATM card. There is some limitation as this is not a full bank account. It is just a wallet card! But it works same as real one!
For purchasing online, you have to register the card for VBV (Verified by Visa) to set up the 3D Secure code. After setting up 3D Secure code, you can purchase from online just by entering this code! Easy isn’t it?
If you have any questions related to the ICICI Bank Pockets app please feel free to comment below! We will try to get the things clear! Have a nice time!
Share this with your family and friends!