If you have a web hosting and you want to upload files on web host using Android mobile, you can do that very easily. You can use this easily on any web host like Hostgator, Bluehost, GoDaddy, Bigrock etc. You can manage all your files on the web server using FTP. As we all know we use the legacy file manager or the new file manager which cPanel provide us. But we can also upload or download files using Android mobile with an app. A superb FTP android app which works like charm. It’s easy to use and to upload your files on the server using Android FTP. Let us see how this all in one app make life simpler!
I was also searching for the solution and I got a superb tool! In fact we all know this app. It is very popular but we are neglecting its awesome features. The ES File Explorer of Android can do this job very easily. This app not only upload files to hosting but also manages files in your android mobile! It is all in one mini file management software which is really great. Just download the latest version of the ES File Explorer to get the FTP feature. Let us go step by step. Just follow the procedure to connect your FTP and mobile for the first time!
This app doesn’t need any special requirements. But there are few things to consider in order to get connected to FTP via Android!
- A working internet connection. Make sure you are not in 2G network. Use fast internet (3G or Wi-Fi) to access the FTP. Else it may show empty folder error!
- Keep your FTP account details handy. Your server IP, Username, Password and FTP port is needed to connect to your FTP folders.
That’s it! Expecting more? Sorry to disappoint you. 😛
Procedure to connect FTP using Android App.
- Install ES File Explorer from play store on your mobile or tablet.
- After installation, you can see it will work same as your normal file manager. But it has many features.
- Open menu, tap on FTP. You can see a plus sign below. Click on it to create new FTP connection.
- It will have four options including sftp, ftp ftps and webdav. As of now we need FTP. Tap on only “ftp” and proceed further.
- You can see it will ask for credentials. Enter the server IP. Port number will be 21 by default. If your provider has a different port then enter it.
- In the mode section, select “Active”. Enter your Username and Password.
- Tick on the “Anonymous” option. Do not change the “Encoding” settings.
- Now tap on “OK”. If all things go correct, your FTP folder will be displayed!
- If you get any error, change to “Passive” mode and try! Uncheck “Anonymous” option too if you facing error again.
- Any of the settings will work and you will have access to your FTP! This works for almost all web server FTP.
- Done! Now upload or download any file directly!
Try with the above settings. It should work for Active mode. I tried and sharing my settings here. It worked fine. To upload the file, just copy the file from your mobile using ES File Explorer and paste in your FTP folder. It will be uploaded there! Simple, isn’t it? Also, you can password protect the whole app in the settings. So no one can access your FTP without that password!
You don’t have to login again and again. It will use the same setting every time you connect to your FTP! Just make sure you have a speed internet connection. Else it will show “Empty Folder” if you have slow network. If you face any problem please comment below. We will discuss and solve it as soon as possible!
Share this with your friends!