You may be searching for this if you are trying to install Bluestacks on Windows 10 and getting BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error. If you have Windows 10 Anniversary update, chances are high that you may get a Blue Screen error while installing new Bluestacks player. There is a simple fix and your installation will be done within seconds! There is nothing serious about this. Just one setting and you are done. In this article, we will discuss the settings which you have to make on your Windows 10 in order to install Bluestacks.
Blue Screen error appears when we try to install the Bluestacks in Windows 10. It occurs mostly on Windows 10 Anniversary update PCs. So if you have Windows 10 Anniversary update, you may get this error. You may be searching for this error and many other sources give different solutions which don’t work. Here, we are giving you the simple and straight solution which the official Bluestacks suggests. So check this out.
Fix Bluestacks Windows 10 BSOD Error
- Assuming that you already downloaded the Bluestacks executable file. If not, then download the latest Bluestacks and keep it on your desktop. Do not install now. Just save it in any directory.
- Now right click on your Windows start button.
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- After that click on “Programs”. See below image.
- Inside Programs, you may get many options. Click on “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- You will get a new window. There will be an option called “Hyper-V”.
- Uncheck that option. The BSOD error is generating because of this. You can enable it again in future if you need.
- After uncheck, click on “OK”. It will take some time to save.
- After saving the settings, restart your PC.
- Now try installing your Bluestacks by double clicking on the Bluestacks installer file.
That’s it. Now your Bluestacks will complete the installation process without throwing any error!
This error was generating because the Window’s Hyper-V and Bluestacks were conflicting. Hyper-V is the component for virtualization. If you use VMware also, then you have to enable it again after installing Bluestacks because VMware won’t work without Hyper V. Bluestacks will find the solution for this in the upcoming update. So do not worry, it will be fixed permanently soon.
Please comment if the solution worked for you. If you have any questions please feel free to ask below in comment section.
Share with your friends too!