As we all know, Mumbai local trains are always crowded. The ticket counter lines are also crowded in peak hours hence we have to wait in long queue to get our ticket. To avoid the queue, we always take 1-month pass. But now you can easily book that online too. So no queue from now! Indian Railways has launched an app which can book local train tickets, season tickets instantly. It is paperless hence you can show ticket on your mobile to Ticket Checker. Let us see an easy way to book season ticket online with UTS mobile application. Have a look!
Online local train ticket booking can be done with this simple app. UTS is the name of the app which you can download and book paperless tickets. You can also book 1-month pass or quarterly pass. The app uses GPS to locate and search nearby stations. In this article, we will discuss how to install and book the local train ticket. At the end, we will discuss how to use this ticket and other terms.
How To Install UTS Local Train Ticket App
- Download UTS Mobile application and install on your mobile.
- It will ask for basic details while sign up. Enter all fields correctly. Give your Aadhar card number in Identity proof.
- After registration, it will verify mobile number via OTP. Complete that and get your ID password.
- After getting your password, login with your mobile number and password.
- Now you have to load money in R-Wallet. You cannot checkout directly. You have to use R-Wallet for every ticket. Minimum amount is Rs. 100. Add money to your wallet by using your debit/credit card or net banking.
- Log in to your account, tap on R-Wallet and then click on “Recharge”.
- After successful transaction, you can use UTS mobile anywhere anytime!
How to book local train ticket online
- After adding money to R-Wallet, you can book your tickets. Login to your UTS app with your mobile number and password.
- Turn on your GPS. It is mandatory because UTS app will use GPS to detect your railway station. Also, note that you have to be far away from the station. You cannot book tickets standing at the station. This is added security against misuse of this app.
- Now tap on “Book Tickets”. After that tap on “Normal Booking”. Select “Paperless” if it asks you to choose ticket mode. In Mumbai, paperless tickets are allowed.
- The app will start locating stations. Select source and destination station.
- Click “Done” after selecting stations. In the next screen, you will have options to choose return or single ticket, Number of tickets, class etc.
- After that, it will show you the price of the ticket and preview. Tap on “Book Ticket”.
- It will again verify the location and your ticket will be booked!
- Now start your journey. If Ticket Checker (TC) asks you for the ticket, just open this app and click on “Show Tickets”.
That’s it! Simple and easy. But you have to take care of few things while using this application. Below is some terms which you keep in mind while traveling with this app.
The season tickets are applicable one day after you book tickets. Suppose you book 1-month pass today, it will be available from tomorrow. So book season tickets one day prior.
It works without the internet. So don’t worry if you don’t have access to internet while showing ticket to TC. It will work in offline mode.
Please make sure your mobile is switched on. If you can’t show the ticket in the app, TC can consider you without ticket. Hence he may fine you. So always keep your mobile on while traveling. You do not need any identity proof for showing ticket. Only app ticket is sufficient. R-Wallet accepts minimum Rs. 100 and multiple of 100. Add money accordingly.So now you can try this
So now you can try this mobile application to book local train tickets online. If you have any question regarding this please post it in the comment section below.
Share with your friends and family.