In this generation we can’t even dream without computers. All work can be done through your computer. Even you are reading this with the help of computer. So we have to take care of our system. Some people has problem with computers that their computer speed is low and performing very slowly. This can happen if your computer’s memory is full or you are processing many tasks at same time. In this article you are going to learn some basic yet helpful tips to make your PC speed and also to increase your system’s life.
After performing the below tricks you can see the difference in speed of your computer. I will show you five techniques to make your computer faster. Some people don’t know about this and one who knows will also don’t follow this regularly. So remember, you have to perform this at least once in two weeks to maintain your system’s speed and to increase its life.
So let’s start. Here is the five important ways to boost your computer’s performance. All the tips and screenshots below are given for Windows 7 PC. But it can be used for Windows XP, Vista and 8 also. Click on the image to see full size.
Now let’s start!
Disable Thumbnail in My Computer Explorer.
I personally had this problem. In some computers the files in My Computer or in other drive will take more time to load and also it consumes more CPU. I have come across many forums and post stating that explorer.exe is taking full CPU usage and make computer slow. This problem is just because of thumbnail. When you open a directory it takes some time to load all files. Actually files are not taking time; it is the thumbnail which takes more time to load on your screen. So this process may take more time and CPU. To correct this you have to perform a simple step and this problem can be reduced. Just follow below steps.
- Go to My Computer.
- In that click on “organize” and after that “Folder and search options.” See below screenshot.
- Folder Options Dialogue box will appear. Just Click on view tab and then tick on “Always show icon, never thumbnail.” option.
- After that just press ok button and done.
Defrag Your Hard Disk.
- Click on Start icon.
- Then go to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
- In System Tools click on Disk Defragmenter. It will open now.
- Now click on C Drive and then click Defragment disk.
Now you are done. It will take some time to complete. Similarly do this for all your partitions. It will take time depending upon your disk data size.
This is a simple process to do. It will clean your disk and remove unwanted files. Follow the process to do this.
- Go to Start > Program Files > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
- Open disk cleanup and clean all your drives.
Remove Unwanted Programs.
Clean The Desktop.