Sometimes it is really annoying when you have to work on your computer and your mouse is not working perfectly. We feel bad and this happens only because of mouse problems. So to overcome this problem I will tell you a simple but effective way to use your computer without having a mouse. It is possible as Windows has an option to use keyboard as mouse for using PC. I will give you detailed method on how to do that. It works best on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 too. Read on and use your computer without your mouse.
Actually Windows XP is different from the latest version of windows so it has different settings to use keyboard as mouse. I have given procedure for both. Just follow the steps and enjoy using your PC even without mouse. I have given alternative method too for doing this setting from keyboard. Just follow it. Here we go.
For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Users
- Go to your control panel by clicking on Start > Control Panel. Alternatively you can press your keyboard button Windows key + R. A run dialog box will appear. In that type “control” (without quotes) and hit enter.
- After going to control panel, use your arrow buttons and click on “Ease of Access”.
- In that click on “Change how your keyboard works”.
- You will get keyboard settings page. In that page simply check the box which says “Turn on Mouse Keys”.
- Make sure you turned your Num Lock on. Otherwise it won’t work.
After doing this click on “OK”. And you are done. Now just try to move your mouse pointer by pressing number keys on numeric pad. It will work perfectly. If you find it slow just increase the speed from the same settings page. Easy right? Now you can enjoy using your PC without mouse.
This settings is for other Windows version except Windows XP. So let’s see the settings for Windows XP too.
For Windows XP Users.
- Go to control panel by pressing Win key + R and then typing “Control”.
- After that click on “Switch to Classic View”.
- Then click on “Accessibility Options”.
- After that, click on Mouse tab.
- Check the box which says “Use Mouse Keys”.
- Click on “OK”.
- If you want to change some other settings like speed then click on “Settings”.