Social interaction is really an essential part of your blogging career. Who doesn’t love social sites? Especially Facebook! Today I am going to show you one simple but powerful tutorial which can make your blog or website more popular on Facebook. If you are a regular Facebook user then you must be knowing the “shared via” posts. Usually it is used by Facebook applications and games. Now you can also use this to share any posts or any status using “shared via” posts. It will look like “shared via yoursite.com” or anything you want. It is really easy and I will show you step by step how you can create similar application which will share your blog’s name. Have a look.
To accomplish this task you must have Facebook developer account. To get this account you just have to verify your account by mobile number or credit card. Mobile number is best to do this. So first of all visit this site and verify your number. Just verify your number and you are ready to create an application for your website. If you do not wish to show number on your profile then set its privacy to “only me”. If you are done with this then move ahead. Follow the procedure and create application.
Steps To Create “Shared Via” Facebook Application.
- I assume you are logged in to your Facebook account. So click here to go to developer’s page.
- After that click on “Create App” button. A window will pop up.
- In the “Display Name” field, type your desired application name. I am going to create an application called “Techsamay”.
- After typing click on “Create App”. A captcha code will be shown to you. Complete that and click “Submit”.
- Now you will be on your Application development page. As you know we are going to create a simple application so you don’t have to customize much. Just a couple of settings and you are done.
- Click on “App Details” to change your app icons. Upload icons of the same size as stated there.
- After uploading your pictures, click on “Status & Review” and make your application live.
- Next go to settings tab and click on “Add Platform” under basic settings. Select “Website” there and put your site URL. Make sure you are entering with “http”.
Easy right? Now you can post any message via your domain name by using this method.
Now what if you want a “Share” button using this? This is also possible! If anyone visits your site and wish to share a particular post with his friends then he can do it by this way. A “via” status will automatically added in his shared article. So it will look more professional and of course, more page views too.
Here is the code for creating a share button.
Now you can use this by integrating it on your WordPress or Blogger. You just have to change the variables. You can do many things using this method. So play around and you can find many new things to make your blog popular on Facebook.
If you have any questions or you have any problem regarding this then comment below. We will love to hear from you.