Sounds cool, right? Creating an android application requires high knowledge and best skills in programming languages such as JAVA. But today, you are going to make a simple application that is “Hello World” app in just 10 minutes! May be less than that. Creating a hello world application is first step for every programmer. So here we will go through little technical part. We will not discuss about the high end apps here we will just learn how these apps are made and how you can create your own too. There is a simple process to create android applications by Android Development Tools. You just have to create Android environment on your PC to create and run android applications. So let us see how we can create a simple Hello World Application.
Before creating your first app, you should have some main software installed on your PC. First of all download android environment to create and run apps. Download Android Development Tools and install it. After installation make sure you have Java runtime environment. If you don’t have, then download Java runtime environment and install it on your PC. We need this to run the Android Development Tools (ADT). After installation just sit back two minutes and follow the below procedure. Now you are ready to create your first ever app! Follow each step and do it on your PC. Have a look.
Create Hello World Android App
- Open “Eclipse” folder and double click on “eclipse.exe”.
- You will be asked where to save the work data. Select your drive and click “OK”.
- Now your ADT will be loading. It will take some time to load fully.
- After it opens, click on “File” and then head towards “New” and then click on “Android Application Project”.
- You can see a box will pop up. You have to fill your basic details here.
- First field is for App name. Give your app a name and select other settings too.
- If you want to edit other settings you can do it otherwise leave it as it is and hit “Next”.
- Click “Next” again. We are not expert programmer here so we will skip these settings for now.
- Time to upload an icon! Select a square image to make it your app icon.
- Now in next screen select “Black activity and click “Next”.
- Edit activity name if you want. Otherwise leave as it is and hit “Finish” to complete this process.
- Now wait some time. You have done half work! It will create a workspace for your project and it can take time.
- Now you can see “Hello World” will be written there already. If you want to edit that click on “Main Activity” and edit it. Put you name or any message. It will be shown when you open your app.
- You can add many things and keep on experimenting. It has many things that we can do. Watch video to do more with this environment.
- After you satisfied with your app, click on “Run” and then go for “Debug”. Debugging is nothing but it will check for the error in your code. If you have any error, correct them and go for next step.
- After this click on “File” and then “Export” to export APK file.
- Select “Android” and click on “Export Android application” and then hit “Next”.
- Browser for your project and again “Next”.
- Select the path where you want to save APK file and enter new password two times.
- Add the followings details in the next windows and then hit “Next”.
- Select path for you APK file and finally hit the “Finish” button.
- Voila!!! Congratulations! You just created an android application.