VLC player is indeed a great media player which is available for free and almost all media formats play in it. VLC is a great software which is installed by millions of people around the world. It is free and open source and has lots of features. It can record videos, play and what not! Some people still do not know many cool features of VLC media player. Today we will see how you can play YouTube videos in VLC player. There is no rocket science for this. It is simple and easy. And the best part you won’t get and advertisement in this. Let us see how we can do this!
There is an option in VLC player called as a stream. Streaming means playing the video from the internet. This method is not only for YouTube, but it can also applied to many other websites too. It will give you best possible high-quality video within minutes. You can enjoy YouTube movies or anything in VLC and you will feel that the video is in your PC! Try below steps to stream YouTube videos in VLC media player.
Play YouTube Videos in VLC Media Player
- Go to your video page which you wish to play on VLC player.
- Copy the URL of the video. See below image for example..
- After copying open your VLC player.
- In that click on “Media” and select “Open Network Stream”.
- You will get a text box labelled “Please enter a network URL”. Paste your copied YouTube URL there.
- After that click on “Play”. If there is no play select it in the drop-down menu.
- You will see your video will be playing on screen!